MOTOR VEHICLES AND POWERSPORTS PRODUCTS (INCLUDING AIRCRAFT) ARE INHERENTLY HAZARDOUS. USE AND ASSEMBLY OF POWERSPORTS PRODUCTS OR OPERATION OF POWERSPORTS VEHICLES, EVEN
WITHOUT A MOTOR OR ENGINE RUNNING, CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR EVEN DEATH. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SAFETY WARNINGS BELOW COULD BE UNSAFE AND POSSIBLY RESULT
IN INJURY OR DEATH.
SUB-ASSEMBLIES & VEHICLE ASSEMBLY:
Knowledgeable, skilled individuals using appropriate tools should do both sub-assemblies and vehicle assembly. Consult a qualified mechanic or expert if you have questions or if
you are having problems. This applies to any purchased components, assembly process, or overall function or operation whatsoever. In this regard, a local go-kart or mini-bike shop
may be a good place to start. A qualified mechanic must perform final inspection of your product or vehicle before its operation.
Pinch points occur any place where a body part can get caught between two moveable objects or two portions of a piece of equipment. If body part occupies an open space during the
pinching movement, there is a high probability of injury. Pinch point hazards are widespread and commonplace with vehicles and vehicle components like those sold on this web site.
The best protection from pinch point hazards comes from your awareness of potential hazards. Before assembly or use, identify possible pinch point hazards. Focus on objects that are
designed to move or those that potentially could move. Ask yourself if any part of your body will be in the path of that movement. Be on guard whenever you put any portion of your
body “between” any possible closure or pinch points. Guard against loose clothing, hair, or jewelry getting caught by movable parts.
LIVE AXLE WARNINGS:
This web site sells rear axles known as “live axles.” When installed on a go-kart (including go-kart kits sold on this site) and some other vehicles, live axles may spin at a high
rate of speed, even if the vehicle is merely being pushed with the engine off. Rotating axles can “grab” and entangle any items dangling near them, whether carried, worn, or simply
attached to riders or bystanders. Long hair and loose clothing are common hazards. Any contact between such items and a rotating live axle can cause serious injury or death to
riders or bystanders.
Always equip and operate a live axle with an appropriate axle guard. One such guard option may be purchased by the linear foot on this web site. (See part No. 1409). While axle guards
are intended to lessen the risk of entanglement by the live axle, they do not eliminate the risk completely. So, all riders must fully enclose head hair with an appropriate helmet.
Riders and bystanders must never operate or approach the kart with unrestrained long hair, clothing or any other items that could come onto contact with the rear axle or any other
moving parts of the vehicle.
It is unsafe to make any equipment modifications including, but not limited to, structural changes or additions, bending, welding or drilling of products purchased from this web site.
Any alterations made after a purchase and not specifically authorized by us in writing, voids any applicable warranty and may result in serious injury or death.
Welding vehicle parts is not a do-it-yourself project. Poor welding can result in an unsafe product because impurities, porosity, or discontinuities in a weld zone can weaken the
weld causing it to fail. Rather than create a safety risk, invest in the time and expense to have a qualified welder, using appropriate welding equipment, in safe surroundings for your
WHEEL ASSEMBLY, TIRE MOUNTING & INFLATION WARNINGS
- Assemble wheel halves with care. Do not over-tighten the wheel locknuts on the wheel bolts as this may damage the wheel. Do not pinch the inner tube between the wheel halves.
- Note: Wheels, tires, and inner tubes sold on this web site are not DOT approved. They may not be used on public streets or highways. Even so, due to their light duty construction and usage, extra mounting and inflation precautions are required.
- Inspect each wheel, even new ones, for any damage or defects including visible cracks, before mounting a tire and before every operation of the vehicle.
- Lubricate tire beads and wheel rims with an approved tire bead lubricant.
- Always wear safety glasses when mounting a tire and tube assembly onto a wheel.
- Seat the tire and tube onto the wheel manually before tire inflation. On any split rim - especially aluminum wheels do not seat the tire onto the wheel using air pressure as you would when mounting a DOT approved tire and wheel.
- Do not force a tire onto any wheel by using a tool to pry against the wheel rim - especially cast aluminum and nylon rims. Using the wheel rim for leverage can damage the wheel making it unsafe for use with an inflated tire. Never pop the tire bead onto the rim - as you would with a one-piece steel rim and tubeless tire.
- COMPRESSED AIR IS DANGEROUS. When inflating a tire enclose the tire/wheel assembly in a safety cage or other containment device. Never expose any unprotected portion of your body to the tire/wheel assembly while inflating.
- To inflate, use regulated compressed air with an extension hose and in-line gauge. DO NOT over-inflate. Implement wheels (those on this site) have inflation limits well below those marked on the tire. NEVER inflate to the running pressure stated on a tire. 20 to 25 psi is approaching the maximum for most tire and wheel combinations sold on this web site. Incorrect tire pressure can result in wheel damage along with instability and poor steering and braking.
- On reaching 15 psi of air pressure, if the tire is not seated stop. Deflate the tire completely and disassemble. Relubricate and hand seat the tire onto the wheel before reinflating the tire.
- In addition, follow all guidelines set forth in written instructions provided to you with a kit, if applicable.
Go-karts, mini-bikes, light or ultralight aircraft and other powersports vehicles must be assembled and operated in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and riders must
comply with all requirements regarding head, eye and body protection, including approved, DOT compliant helmets and protective clothing (goggles, abrasion-resistant clothing with long
sleeves and long pants, over the ankle boots and driving gloves. Please check with your appropriate government agencies before operation of any vehicle related to products purchased
from this web site. Prior to any operation, all drivers and riders must be properly trained in and fully knowledgeable of all vehicle functions and safe operation procedures. Full
compliance with all safety warnings, laws, regulations and manufacturer instructions and safety warnings is mandatory prior to any assembly or vehicle operation.
It is unsafe to operate any go-kart or mini-bike assembled from kits sold on this web site, or any vehicle where a moving chain is exposed. Some kits sold on this web site do not contain a
chain guard due to the wide array of engines that can be used. It is your responsibility to obtain and install an appropriate chain deflector prior to operating any go-kart or mini-bike.
AzusaParts.com does not sell engines or engine components. Ask your engine provider to provide or recommend an appropriate chain deflector for you.
CAUTION: Chain deflectors are designed to help prevent broken roller chain from flying off and hitting someone; they divert the chain downward into the ground instead.
Deflectors are NOT designed to prevent clothing, body parts, hair or other objects that may come in contact with the chain from becoming entangled in the chain.
SAFETY BASICS PRIOR TO & DURING VEHICLE OPERATION:
Before each use, check all nuts, bolts, screws, safety wires, and linkages to make sure the product is in safe operating condition.
Assure that all drivers are age appropriate and that operators and riders below the age of 16 are constantly supervised by a competent and knowledgeable adult. We strongly recommend
that all operators take approved safety and training courses.
Review operator’s manuals and assembly guidelines prior to operation.
Secure long hair above the shoulders and secure any loose clothing that could reach behind the top of, or under the seat or that could come into contact with any moving parts of
the vehicle including but not limited to: axles, engines, motors, clutches, chains, as well as steering, acceleration or braking assemblies.
Never carry passengers unless the vehicle is specifically designed by your vehicle’s manufacturer to accommodate them. Never carry a passenger on a vehicle designed for a single driver.
If provided, use seat belts or safety harnesses.
Be extra careful handling gasoline, oil, or other flammable liquids. After fueling your vehicle clean up fuel or oil spills prior to any operation. Do not operate vehicles while
wearing clothing on which fuel has spilled - but do wear fire retardant clothing whenever mandated or recommended.
Always obey all applicable laws and regulations governing your riding areas and obtain permission before riding on private lands. Always respect the safety, rights, and property of others.
Use only cleared designated trails at safe speeds. Avoid any dangerous, stunt riding, or inappropriate speeds. Stay on established trails in approved areas. Riding on unknown or
difficult terrain is NOT recommended for components sold on AzusaParts.com.
During operation, avoid other vehicles, stationery objects and obstacles that create the potential for collision. Never engage in stunt riding or jumping. Never operate or ride under
the influence of alcohol, drugs, or over-the-counter medications that would impair your driving skills.
If your vehicle starts to vibrate abnormally or make funny noises, take it as a warning sign that something is wrong. Turn off the engine immediately and disconnect the spark plug
wire. An excessive amount of noise or vibration may indicate, among other things, loose or worn parts, so inspect and repair the vehicle before any further operation.
Storage notes: Cool your engine completely before any storage. Keep engine and chassis clean. Store powered vehicles in ventilated areas free of sparks, open flames, and fuel fumes.
Prior to long term storage or transport, drain the fuel tank completely in a clear, clean, outdoor area.
OFF-ROAD USE ONLY
Unless otherwise specifically authorized by law or appropriate governmental agency, go-karts and mini-bikes assembled from kits sold on this web site are not “street legal” and are for
off-road use only. Do not operate your vehicle on public streets or highways unless otherwise authorized by law. Tires and wheels are not DOT approved and are not authorized for public
street or highway use.